Built in the late 17th century, this mansion has a rather plain structure: the façade looks on to a small south garden and the ashlared door sided by two small square openings, standing out from a regular sequence of smaller windows. A three-mullioned window on the first floor is surrounded by a long balustrade and dominated by a light trabeation upon the decorated arches. A blind double-lancet window overlooks via Roma. Northwards, a picture of the Venetian “Leone di San Marco” reminds of the power of the Serenissima, while elegant staircases lead to the upper floors. Pietro Canal, the owner of the house, collects an enormous quantity of books; on his death in 1883 he leaves to his nephew a library made up of 24.000 volumes, distributed into 5 rooms open to the public. The collection is eventually transferred to other libraries, among these the Marciana in Venice.